Pets @ Dean SteepDogs are welcome at Dean Steep, by prior arrangement, subject to the following conditions.
- No more than 2 dogs are allowed in any one cottage.
- Dogs must be kept on a short lead at all times when in the gardens and when going between your cottage and car. You must also keep your dog under strict control if there are livestock in either of our fields. 1
- You must never leave your dog unattended in your cottage or elsewhere on our property.
- Owners must bring the dog’s bed, basket or crate for sleeping in.
- You must keep your dog off the furniture and beds.
- Dogs are not permitted in the Guest Room, Games Room or Childrens' Play Area or any cottage other than the one you are renting.
- Any dog mess must be cleared up without delay. 2
- We expect you to take every reasonable precaution to ensure that our property is left with as little evidence as possible of your pet having been there at all. Please be aware that this may involve you in taking measures over and above what you would normally do in your own home. 3
We do not accommodate cats. 1. Our fields are grown for hay, so unless you are staying late in the year there are unlikely to be any sheep in them. We will always have one field available for you to exercise your dog.
2. Any dog waste bags are to be put in your own dustbin, which is either to the side or in front of your cottage. There is also a large Trade Waste bin at the top of the North field where dog waste can also be disposed of.
3. The simple measure of bringing a cage for your dog, or spreading out a couple of clean travel rugs or blankets on the floor, goes a long way towards preventing the carpets from being impregnated with ‘doggy’ smells.